Monday, April 20, 2015

A Canvas for April - By Margaret Mifsud


Hello everyone and welcome to the 2Crafty Chipboard Blog.  So nice of you to drop by.

I have something a little different to share with you this month.  Instead of my usual cards I have actually created a canvas this time.  I know I have done a couple of canvases before but they were very small, this one is a bit larger.  It measures 9" x 7". It's the first time I have attempted  one this size so I hope you will be kind.  LOL!!



I have created this to go on the wall in my new Craft Room (when we actually get it done)
and I wanted something with a vintage look.  I actually followed a tutorial by
 Gabrielle Pollacco for this and, although my canvas doesn't really look anything like
hers, I have used  pretty much the same techniques.


In this cluster I have used Foliage Set 1 and Leafy Rounds.  Added some flowers and some metal washers and beads.  All of the chippies were coated with gesso before I glued them down onto the canvas and then it was just a matter of spraying them with acrylic paints.  When everything was dry I randomly painted over different areas with gold Twinkling H2O's.


For the cluster at the bottom I used Flourish Adornment Set 5 and one piece from
 the Pretty Flowers.  I also added flowers, metal washers and beads to this cluster.


At the top left hand corner of the canvas I used part of the Decorative Rod Set 2.  I didn't
 need the whole piece so I simply cut off one end to use here.  The rest will be used
 on another project.  I have also added a tiny bird from the ATC Birdcage 1. 


A better look at the Foliage Set 1 ...





... and a look at some of the texture.


I so enjoyed creating this canvas and using these fabulous 2Crafty chippies made it so much
easier to decorate.  I also experimented a little with my photos.  I took a small leaf
out of Helen Tilbury's book and gave them a frame.  I kinda like it.

To take a look at all the fabulous chippies 2 Crafty have to offer  HERE is the link.
 There is such a wonderful choice of different designs that you are bound to find
exactly the shape and size you need for your project.

2Crafty products used

 Foliage Set 1

 Pretty Flowers

 Leafy Rounds

 Flourish Adornment Set 5

 Decorative Rod Set 2


ATC Birdcage 1


Thank you so much for visiting and

remember to find a 2Crafty stockist near you simply send an email to ... 
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Take care and God Bless.



Photobucket