Sunday, July 7, 2013

"Love You"
By Resident Guest Designer
Chantalle McDaniel

Hello all!
I'm so excited for my first share on the blog today. 
Hopefully you might see something that sparks you to reach for some 
of the amazing designs that 2Crafty has to offer!
 
 
In this pic, my little miss had her first blow dry and she looked 
so sweet and innocent (she doesn't normally do sweet, lol). 
I wanted to pair this with her 'naughty' side and grunge the layout up a bit. 
 
 
I absolutely adore this 'Love You' phrase. 
I recently discovered Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel. This particular one is 'Aged Black'. 
It has flecks of black, silver and copper. Due to the larger filings, it cannot 
be heated from the top as per traditional embossing powders, as they would just fly off. 
 
• Cover your chipboard in Versamark (or similar) 
and coat with a generous layer of powder.
• Heat with a gun from the underside of the chipboard. 
(It takes a while, as you are first warming the chippy and then melting the powder.) 
You might want to hold it with tweezers to protect your hands from the heat.
• To finish it off, I stamped it with some red ink to compliment the papers. 
Voilà! What I love the most about it, is that each application 
will be different depending on how the powder falls!
 
 
I've also used a Frame Star with Stars.
I wanted to spread the stars a bit, so I snipped a couple off. 
I then coloured a larger one with a Faber Castell 'Blue Metallic' Pit Artist Pen. 
After that, I sprinkled some metallic silver AC Zing embossing powder in places and heated. 
Finally, I highlighted a few areas with another Pit Pen in 'Gold'.
 

I inked this little fellow with orange chalk ink and covered 
with a generous coat of clear embossing powder. I love it's juicy glossiness!

 
A Couple of "Sneak Peeks" 
of some up coming projects
  using 2 Crafty chippies.
  These will be up on my blog in the coming days...
This endearing little 'Building Block' was the perfect addition
 to my layout. 
I started by painting with Gesso as a primer, 
then using red acrylic all over as a base. 
 I mixed a few shades of darker red and then 
went about creating shadows on the brick. 
A few little highlights with white acrylic 
(you could probably also use a white gel pen) make it pop.
 

I also love these 'Gigi Flowers'
I've painted it with Gesso, then applied some Color Shine mist, 
some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze and some fine glitter.


That's it from me till next time.

If you would like to pop in for a visit  to my blog, CLICK HERE
 it would be great to see you!

Chantalle



Photobucket