Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Guest Designer - Kim Price


Hello again! It's Kim again to share another layout I have created
 using some fabulous NEW chipboard and a new look at one of the 
older style packs as well.
 Anyone who may be familiar with some of my work will know I 
have a great love for watercolours and freestyle layouts and today
 I wanted to share a page I have created for 2Crafty using 
some of my old favourite techniques. 


I always like to start out by giving my chipboard pieces
 2 - 3 coats of gesso to prime the surface and to allow any 
colour I might add to really pop.
Today I decided to use a neon shade of green/yellow paint for my
 base colour then added shades of fresh green watercolour to the
 Dandelions for a really interesting look.
 I repeated this technique on the tiny dots from Borders Forever
  after I had arranged them in a circle design on my layout. 


For my title You I used similar techniques but made 
the colour  stronger by adding less water for more impact.
 I just love the gradient effect you can achieve using these techniques. 
I have also added a few little Green Tara flowers & skeleton leaves
for some extra impact.


Thank you so much for dropping by. 
 Remember to visit us on  Facebook  to keep 
up with all the news at 2 Crafty.

If you would like to see more of my work please call in to see me at 
http://www.kimsprice.blogspot.com.au
 
 
Photobucket