Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hello everyone! It's Chantal's turn to share! :D


G'day 2 Crafty fans!  I hope my post finds you all well! 
 I'm so excited to share my 2 Crafty creations with you all today, 
so let's get this show on the road, shall we? ;)

First up, is my new layout, "The Arkham Asylum".  
This is a fantastic ride experience in Movie World, Gold Coast, Australia...


I have used a Fencing Wire Panel, cut up into six pieces. 
 I have used five pieces on my layout and I've got another piece
 which I'll save for another project.


I simply used a black paint pen to colour the chipboard fencing...
 very quick and easy and no drying time necessary. 
 Once I coloured in all the fencing, I then cut it up into the 
required strips, turning two pieces upside down to mix it up a bit.


I adhered the fencing with a combination of glue and staples... s
taples really suit the theme here!

I have also used a large circle from the 12 x 12 
Chipboard Themed Sheet "Arrows"... 
Oh how I have loved this funky collection of chippie!!!

I have left the circle in it's raw state and machine straight stitched 
around it five times (using black thread), making sure I "wobbled" 
the chippie in the machine feeder as I went (for extra funkiness!).

Machine stitching chipboard is one of my favourite ways of adhesion... 
plus it looks great too, I think!


The "A" for "Arkham" has been taken from the 12 x 12 
Chipboard Alphabet Sheet "Alpha B/G Font" and I have used it like a monogram. 
 I have painted it lightly in brown acrylic paint and once dried,
 I've outlined around the edges with a black gel pen.  
I then took a white gel pen and made tiny dots around this black outline 
to make it stand out even further.  
This "A" has a rather Aussie flavour now... and I love it. :)

The next layout that I'd like to share with you today has a very Australian flavour!  
I had a blast making this and gee I got messy,
but it was a lot of fun so that's the main thing in a way really...


This new layout has been based on Creative Scrappers sketch #225 
and it's titled "Captured Memories".


I've left the Captured Memories title raw and adhered
 it to my layout using craft glue, 
applied with a medium sized artist brush.



I've used the full set of three Kangaroos on my layout -
 two standing at the bottom left of my photo and 
one hopping at the top right of the photo. ;)

I've use an Adrirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in "butterscotch"
 (sounds yummy!) on the raw chipboard kangaroos, 
and whilst still wet, I then dropped Anita's Gloss Varnish in 
places to make a cool pattern (as pictured).


Once my kangaroos had dried (I dried these babies overnight)
 I then outlined twice around the inner chipboard edges 
with a black gel pen.


I made a frame for my photograph using the smallest frame 
with a square backing from the 12 x 12 Chipboard Sheet 

I simply painted the frame twice with white acrylic paint,
 then I used a paint pen to outline around the inside edges.

This postage stamp frame ties in nicely with the kangaroo themed 
postage stamps that I've used, and also my textured background 
which uses three packs (of four) chipboard Postage Stamps.

To create my background I took a piece of cardstock paper, 
adhered six chipboard postage stamps butted up together so they look joined,
 to the top right corner and the bottom left corner. 
 I then used brown paint and brushed all over the cardstock 
and chipboard until mostly covered, followed by another brushing 
of orange paint.  Once the paint was dried (a hairdryer came in handy here ;))
 I then used some distress ink for a little bit more depth and shine.

You may have  seen the last layout I'm sharing with you all today
 on my blog previously. 
 It was based on a cute sketch from Creative Scrappers...


I have used a gorgeous flourish underneath my title, 
painted with brown acrylic paint from the 12 x 12 Chipboard Sheet
 full of beautiful flourishes and swirls, "Swirls 1".  
These sheets offer sensational value for money!  


My sweet title is aptly called "Swirly Sweet", and I've decorated this 
by painting it white, then dry brushing pink paint in a 
light horizontal motion.  I think it looks even sweeter now!  
I outlined around all the inside edges with a black gel pen
 to give it the last finishing touch.


Well thank you SO very much for stopping by the 2 Crafty blog today! 
 I very much appreciate the time you have taken out of your busy day
 and I hope you have enjoyed my creations
 and that perhaps you may be a bit inspired by them too! :)

Until next time!
Cheers,
Chantal
xo